Dear friends and readers – huge apologies for my lack of frequent updates on this blog this fall!
As I told you some months ago, I’ve moved back to Norway, Oslo, and I’ve started a new job as communication advisor at Origo, a social network and publishing platform. I love, love, love it, but when the day is finished and the kids have gone to bed and I’ve done my last work things and read the articles my Twitter friends have suggested, it is already too late for blogging.
So therefore, a short update on stuff I’m working on these days:
- Next week, Origo, in cooperation with the Ministry for Reform and Administration, is organizing a workshop/conference called Dugnadssamfunnet 2.o (my translation – the Collaborative Society – a workshop about innovation, digital tools and participation). Opera’s CTO Håkon Wium Lie is one of the speakers. Since I just came back from the always inspiring Personal Democracy Forum in Barcelona, this feels like some sort of a mini-PDF for Norway:-) I wrote about the first European PDF conference (in Norwegian) here and here (in Norwegian).
- I’ve recently talked with some contacts about bringing the Girl Geek Dinner concept to Oslo (something I’ve written about before). I’m sure it is doable, I just need to move some stuff (away) in my calendar.
- I’m still writing a technology column for Morgenbladet and I will continue blogging occationally for the European PDF blog.
- I’m updating the Norwegian Origo blog as well as our Twitter account (I will return later with more details about the kind of work I do for Origo).
- But mainly I’m waiting to go offline and start skiing into the Norwegian woods. The snow is still not here, but today it was -7 degrees…