“What is you favorite podcast?”
I got that question from EUobserver reporter Leigh Phillips on Twitter today.
The question came after we had a short discussion about EUobserver TV vs. podcast – eh, to be correct, there is no such thing as an EUobserver podcast, but I wished there was. I haven’t been a huge podcast fan previously, but lately, I spend more time listening to podcasts. Especially when I do such incredible boring house work such as folding clothes and washing floors.
My top favorite is the American programme On the Media (NPR).
Next on my list:
- Guardian’s Tech Weekly
- New York Times’ Tech Talk
- BBC’s Digital Planet
- and sometimes I listen to the Economist’s audio edition as well as the Norwegian media programme Kurer.
And the reason for the whole Twitter conversation was that I the EUobserver had a good podcast about the hottest EU matters. It could be featured with one profiled EU reporter and new guest each week, also good bloggers – maybe someone from the Bloggingportal?
Here are Phillips’ favorites:
What are your favorites? What have I missed? Do you listen to podcasts at all?
Updated: My readers’s favorites:
- Guardian’s Media Talk USA (Jeff Jarvis)
- EconTalk with Russ Roberts
- RSA public lectures
- This Week in Google
- This American Life
- To the Point
- The Moth
- The News from Lake Wobegon
- Excess Baggage (BBC Radio 4)
- In Our Time (BBC Radio 4)
- Car Talk (NPR)
- Behind the News
- Democracy Now
- Little Atoms
- PRI’s The World
- The Rachel Maddow’s Show
- Friday Night Comedy (BBC Radio 4)